Heavy MemoriesBy: Half-Face Games on December 1, 2018
What do you know about war? It isn't fun. It isn't a game. Just suffering. Casualties. And pain. And...
You have arrived at the Heavy Memories press page!
- Publisher: Half-Face Games
- Developer: Half-Face Games(aka SaintHeiser); based in Russia, Siberia, Novosibirsk
- Release Date: December 1th, 2018 (Windows/Steam)
- Platforms: PC(Steam)
- Website: page at Steam
- Price: $4.99
- Availability: Digital download
- Languages: English, Russian
- Expected ratings: ESRB E for everyone, USK 14+, PEGI 14, OFLC PG
- File Size: ~9.8MB
- Press Contact: press [at] half-face [dot] games
- Inquiry for automated reviewer key requests: dodistribute
Experience the horrors of war through the stories of a tank crew member in the infirmary. His memories will guide you through the significant events of his military service to the tragedy that happened on the last mission. Each memory is an encounter with the enemy, in which the tank team has participated. Take the control of one of the four unlockable battle tanks to rush through memory flashbacks!
This is the best reinvention of the famous NES game Battle City! Classic top down view, destructible walls, powerups, new environment and enemies, as well as the ability to complete the game on various types of tanks!
- Classic arcade - there is no grind or any annoying things, just clear gameplay. Drive, destroy walls and enemy tanks, complete tasks!
- Move and shoot asynchronously - have you ever thought why you can't turn the turret of the tank from Battle City? Now you can! Move in one direction and shoot in another with classic twin-stick controls! We bring more realistic tactics similar to a real tanks game. Dodge, shoot and smash enemies!
- Useful powerups - the key to ingame success. All powerups are useful but their life span is limited. And here are the good news - EVERY tank remnants drop a powerup for you! Just hurry, pick it up and extend powerup time!
- Responsive HP bar - it's an important part of the game if you have regular "rage quits" from those "oneshot deaths". Unlike the classic Battle City, now you have up to 8 hitpoints and can repair your tank with powerups and special repair platforms which are hidden on the levels.
- Challenge curve - the true challenge is a rare thing in modern games. But we have carefully planned difficulty curve, so you will get cool challenges and awesome feelings after overcoming it!
- Various environment and obstacles - we have extended the classic object set with extra wall types, extra ground types, exploding barrels, mines, new enemies and even small people walking around the level. And more!
- 10 unique missions with different tasks - the gameplay is not just different at each level, it's closely bound with the storyline. Each mission describes the past of the tank member crew.
- Unlock up to 4 tanks - choose your own way to beat the game again on higher difficulty. During the game, you will see the cool enemy tanks, and you can get them, too. You can unlock a new tank after beating the game on the previous one! Every tank has a unique ability which changes your game experience and allows you to look at same levels from a different side. So, replaying the whole game on a new difficulty won't be a routine!
- Nostalgia - we carefully build the oldschool atmosphere with pixel art and lovingly crafted chiptune soundtrack!
- Short playtime and small size - the game takes less than 10MB but has about 4-6 hours of gameplay to complete it on 100%. It's, of course, much shorter than AAA games, but we don't want to steal your time with artificial methods of playtime extending. We just want to amuse you with the high-quality content!
Key art and illustrations
Music is an important part of the Heavy Memories experience! A few samples:
Complete OST is now available: